Mar 9, 2010

The Shred - Day 17

So, just in case you haven't noticed, I've been sacking in The Shred department.

Today I was not going to do it and see if I was able to go by unnoticed, but then, I would know...and I couldn't give up. However, after 3 days of doing the Yoga Meltdown (which, by the way, is no slice of cake, may I say), I decided that I would ease myself into Shredding and just do Level 1.

It seems though, that I've come to a bump in the road. I've noticed that my knees hurt when I'm doing the jumping jacks. I thought it was just the fact that I've been a lazy ass not done any exercise and that my body would get used to it. Then, I did the 3 days of Yoga, and now again The Shred, and I could NOT do those jumping jacks (or the skipping). The pain on the outsides of my knees is unbearable...I can do maybe three or four, then I have to stop. I'm able to do the kick yourself in the butt one, but I cannot do the jumping. It HURTS. Any of you smart, wonderful people out there in internet land happen to know why??

But -- here's a small miracle...it seems that all those chaturanga pushups that I did in The Meltdown have paid off. Today, I did the entire (first) set of push-ups (girly style) the REAL way. The next set I had to do as wall push-ups, but that alone is a HUGE success!

Sit-ups are really easy for me now too. (and I shudder at that thought, becuase I know the torturous sit-ups that are in for me tomorrow!)

Yes -- tomorrow morning, I'll be doing level 2. And I may even try to do the Yoga at night (should I be able to get enough reading for school in during the day.)

Hmmm....there was something else....but can I remember before I give up and publish this??? Oh yes! The weigh in. That's tomorrow (on my yahoo group)...I've been sneaking in peeks at my weight -- and it's looking like I'm down 2 pounds -- but then for lunch today, I had 2 huge bowls of home-made mac'n'cheese. It was SO fantastic...so I've likely gained it all back. We'll have to see tomorrow then!

2 comments:

MagzD said...

Hmmm...my best guess is that those rotten videos never account for one's current fitness level - they just make you jump right in, regardless of what your body is totally prepped for. I'd forgo the jumping jacks for awhile since they are so high-impact, and maybe jog (quickly) on the spot - running on the spot with high knees is good too! And always check your shoes - if they are old or cheap, they could be the first reason. Build it from the foundation up, just like a house :)

Or you could just come over to BodyRock.tv with all us cool people ;) Lol!!

Hethr said...

I looked at your bodyrock.tv. NO FRIGGEN WAY!!! Not yet anyhow!

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails