Mar 1, 2010

Food Challenge Day 6

Supper last night was WONDERFUL....and would you believe...I forgot to take pictures.

I'm going to troll the net and look for as similar as I can find....Ahh...found one! Courtesy of The Confined Nomad (which looks to be an interesting website! Note to self...look it over)

Machbous is a dish that is made with either goat or chicken (in my case last night, Chicken). You fry up some onions, add some Turmeric and a concoction of spices called Bahrat (just a wonderful mixture of all kinds of things), add your chicken and fry it for a few minutes. Then you add chopped, peeled tomatoes, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods and salt (and I'm sure there's more, but I'm going off of memory right now). Add a couple cups of water and simmer it for an hour or so. Then you add Basmati rice (if you've never had this rice, buy it...you'll never eat Uncle Ben's again!) and simmer it for about 40 minutes. A one pot dish that looks like you worked for hours. Yum!!

I also had fattouch, which is a Lebanese (or Arabic, if you want to call it that) salad. Think a tossed salad with an olive oil/lemon juice dressing and add some toasted flat bread chunks. Another fabulous YUM. This picture is courtesy of a restaurant that looks like it may be in Germany...not sure. It's called Amier Restaurant...if you're ever in Germany and have a hankering for Arabic food...go on over there!

Dessert was a cake that was bought and brought over by my brother in law.


1 comments:

C said...

Asalaamu Alaikum

I don't think I've eaten this before but you never know I've been to a ton of mosque potlucks! The salad yes for sure so many times. One more night to go!

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails