Feb 19, 2010

A new Journey

Well folks, the sad facts of life have hit me hard in the face. I am getting old. Not terribly old and wrinkled and ready for a retirement home, but old none the less. It started with some crow’s feet, creeping into the corners of my eyes. It progressed to a few gray hairs (which I have decided to “go natural” for now…I may cover my head, friends, but I still care about my hair!). I no longer have the stamina that I used to; I nearly fell over and died of a heart attack about ½ way through dancing to “Material Girl” with the daycare kids. They thought I was playing, sadly, I wasn’t.

All of these things I have accepted as gracefully as possible.In many ways, I was actually happy to see each sign. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’d be sitting with my step son and told “You guys make such a cute couple!”I would take it as a compliment, him, not so much.

Along with this “coming of age”, I have lost my once perfect metabolism.Gone are the days when I could eat cookies for breakfast, ice-cream for lunch, munch on Doritos from dusk till dawn and still not gain a pound.Nope, instead, I’m getting saddle bags, and a tummy pooch.I feel the weight even in my face and I hate it.Most of my friends would look at me and think I’m exaggerating, but the truth is, I can no longer wear many of my pants because…gulp, I can’t fit into them!

So – I decided to be proactive; I went out and bought myself that Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD.I also joined a fabulous group of ladies for support – Hubby is supportive, don’t get me wrong, but he’s also nice and won’t give me heck for “skipping” a workout.These ladies are in it to lose it!They will kick my butt into shape (no pun intended there).


I will proceed to (try) to have daily entries as to where I’m going with this whole thing….try…It is my goal to have a body like hers!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails