Apr 14, 2010

*sigh*

So, I'm done homework.  Finally...just a few minor revisions before I send it off -- but that's just waiting on a confirmation from the instructor before I do.

In the mean time, I have a whopping 10 days before the next class.  Know what I'm going to do??  I'm going to play with this.  Yup, this little do-dad is the gift that one of the most amazing daycare parents bought for me as a gift.  I know that Chantilly is grateful for the care I provide her little man, but I sure as heck hope she realizes how grateful that I am for the sanity that she gives me.  How nice to have a parent who realizes that their child is not a perfect little angel and may, at times, frustrate me (just a bit!).

I'm just a bit sad to say that I simply haven't had the time to read this.  My life lately has been one long, dreadful text after another.  However, I've got...uh...4 maybe 5 books downloaded on this little baby and I'm practically quivering in anticipation at getting to reading them.  Sure, they're books that I've read time and time again...but I still enjoy them.

A little aside here -- if you're interested in the books that I'm talking about, please don't be shocked.  I am reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.  I am not normally a fan of fantasy books, but an old high school pal slipped me this book (sans cover, and I'm sure he did that on purpose so that I'd give the book a chance) when I was in my last months of pregnancy...it got me through that pregnancy, and as the series went on, it took me through 5 more pregnancies!  I love it (and have book #12, The Gathering Storm sitting on my kitchen table reminding me to get a move on my current list of "to be read" books)

Anyhow -- the reason that I'm sitting here blogging instead of reading is becuase the poor thing's battery is dead...like D-E-A-D dead.  I have to wait (and wait) for it to charge before I can snuggle on down with it (and hopefully with kids tucked nicely into bed) so that I can go ahead and read.

I'm also debating downloading two other books for it...wonder if anyone has read them...




Under the Dome: A Novel


Stephen King -- one of my favorites..creepy and everlasting.  The first book of his that I ever read was The Eyes of the Dragon (which looks like it may be a hard book to get a hold of now).  Loved it.  Fell in love with his writing from that moment!  I've heard his The Dark Tower Series is great, but haven't yet read them.  Oh..and The Green Mile (which I can only find as a DVD, and not as a book -- which is sad, as the book is so much better than the movie)...that was a moving and emotional story.  Stunning.

Okay, my other read that I'm wanting to get now is



Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!


But I'm not sure about this one...the reviews are iffy...some good, some bad.  Then again, I find that I'm the same way with most books; I either love them (like I felt about The Time Traveler's Wife or hate them, the way I felt about Middlesex)

One other thing that I'd like is to get a cover for this reader.  It came with a little foamy thing  -- but I'd really like to get a leather cover.  They come in red, black, and brown.  They're $25 from Amazon.com, but I'm in Canada, by the time I pay customs and duties and such...I'll pay the $40 that they are here in Canada (but not on Amazon, only at Best Buy or Future Shop) -- but they only have black here.  *le sigh* what's a girl to do?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails