|I hate this picture SO much|
The same thing happens with your weight. I've seen it on TV and never really understood it. Those commercials for weight loss where the guy says "I knew I was big, but didn't realize how big I was until I saw a picture..."
Well folks, it's happened to me. Yes, I saw the doughy roll forming around my middle. Yes, I noticed that I moved from my sexy jeans to my fat jeans....and then to my sweat pants because even the fat jeans were too tight. Yes, I saw my thighs getting bigger and bigger and didn't really recognize the person that I saw in the mirror as the person that I see in my head.
But, reality hit me well and true yesterday when I took a series of pictures of myself (outside in the snow to send to a friend overseas who misses it dearly). I could NOT get a picture that didn't have a double chin. No amount of neck stretching would do it. And it hit me -- if my face is getting chubby - what's the rest of me looking like? With blinders removed from my eyes, I saw me in a new light...and am not really liking what I see.
So, after weeks of telling myself I'm getting up to exercise - I DID IT. I also logged onto my sparkpeople account for the first time in a long time to track my weight/measurements and food. And I'm going to keep accountable on the Facebook Group that I made (because so far, it's just been excuses as to why I'm not doing anything). Also -- I'm putting my plans out here for you all too -- Keep me on track, peeps!
I'm sick of feeling so lethargic and unmotivated. I'm tired of the rolls and the pain of tight waist bands.
- I am going to do the Shred for 3 days in a row, followed by 1 day of Yoga Meltdown
- I am going to eat whole/healthy foods
- I am going to actually drink water (A major weakness of mine, I don't like water and am lucky if I get 1/2 a glass in a day)
- I am going to cut down on the sugars and starchy foods
- I am cutting out coffee (le gasp!)
- I am going to be positive -- This doesn't mean I can't still have a snarky attitude and maintain my wit -- no --- I'm just going to also see the good in ME instead of the bad.
Who's joining me??