Jun 18, 2010

Nap Time Notions

Yeah...it's nap time here. Shhhh!  If anyone wakes up these little people, there will be hell to pay!  It has been quite the morning to say the least.

However, I wanted to just do a little post about some of the things that I do during the day here...though, first, I'm going to start with a "from the mouth of babes" thing that my toddler said last night.

It has been a struggle to get my toddler to bed at night lately.  Struggle isn't a strong enough word.  More like "Extreme Bedtime: The Adam Campaign".  Yeah..that's closer to it.  Last night, i just wasn't in the mood for it and I let him crawl into bed with me.

After flipping and flopping and flailing about like only a toddler can do, I turned my back to him and attempted to read my book.  He began rubbing/caressing my bum (I was wearing PJs!) and says "Ooooh!  Back Boobies!"

I. Nearly. Died.

That had to be the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time!

Anyhow -- onto today's story -- During the day, I feel like we don't do a lot, yet, if I write it all down, it's no wonder that I'm exhausted by the time the last chosen child goes home. I'm up at 5, okay, 530 -- and I usually don't get to bed until 1030 or so.  There's laundry and housework to do.  There are school/work lunches to make, and the meals for dayhome too...then, don't forget about supper.  There are walks to be taken, toys to be played with, songs to dance to.  I break up fights, I kiss boo-boos and I hug away hurt pride.  Yup, I do it all.

That's why I think I'm so sarcastic.  I need to be. If I didn't have an outlet, I might just burst from it all.  I love my job, but I can't be sweet and sugary all the time.

To get to the point of my story here, I listen to XM radio in the car.  Don't ask me why I do this, but I prefer to listen to Kid's Place Live.  I love this station...every now and then it's got some crappy song on there, but it's where I learned some real gems...like this one:



What a great way to teach kids to cover their coughs!

I also heard this one on there which I think is really great for teaching kids to like themselves the way that they are...




but my most favourite EVER is this one. It is FILLED with witty little quips and has a great humour that adults can enjoy. I want this CD!!  It's available on Amazon as an MP3 Download -- but I'm not that computer "smart" to know if that's a good way of getting music.  I suppose so, since I"d just play it off of my PC or iPod anyhow, right??   Now, the kid who did this video is pretty talented, I have to say, but it's certainly not how I imagine this song in my head. When he says "nothin' was pretty depraved" I'm picturing the cat like you see in Pepe Le Pu cartoons after she gets soaked in a barrel of water. But, regardless....it's great. I love the song!



So -- now that you've gotten a glimpse into my crazy mind --I'm off to do homework.  LOVE sleeping children!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will still be laughing about back boobies in 20 years time!

Hethr said...

Nan -- isn't that hilarious?? I nearly peed my bed!

Unknown said...

My husband has taken to grabbing my bum and telling me I have nice back boobies.


It's your fault! LOL

Hethr said...

@ Nan -- so does mine!!

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails