Nov 9, 2010

Dear Universe, What have I done? - with updates

Today was one of those days where you just feel like Karma is out to get you.  Ever have one of those?  I should have seen it coming, but didn't.


  • First, toddler freaks out because he didn't get to pee in the toilet before his brother.  I don't understand it either, so don't ask.
  • Then, middle child freaks out because I wouldn't let him take the Nintendo to school.
  • Then, daughter freaks out because she can't do her hair or get the toothpaste out of the tube.
  • Hubby complains about his sandwiches lately (apparently, the meat is "stringy")
  • Chosen children think my snack is "gross" (cheese, crackers and dill pickles, what's the issue with that?)
  • Chosen toddler and my toddler quickly resume their toddler take downs after 3 days apart.
  • Chosen child doesn't eat lunch.
  • Chosen toddler has a nightmare at nap time and spends the next hour whimpering and shaking on my lap (poor guy!)
  • I spilled my tea all over my school work.  No ink to reprint.
  • 2 of 3 children arrive home from school.  This is an issue, as there is one missing.  How did the other 2 not notice this fact?
  • 4 children and I don our coats/hats/shoes/mitts and dash to the school as I am in a panic on the phone as to the whereabouts of my lost daughter.
  • She's found, in the office, crying because she thinks she lost her brother and chosen sister.
  • We walk back...with my hefting two 30+ pound  toddlers on each hip.
  • Luckily, I remembered to set my alarm.  Unluckily, I forgot to lock the back door which my son opened in his bid to get into the house first.  I was still 1/2 block away.
  • Alarm goes off.  Son hides in his room.
  • My new neighbors must think I'm crazy as I set down the toddlers to run to my house which has a blaring alarm.
  • My new neighbor is surely convinced that we are all crazy as my toddler runs by and says, "Hi! My butt hurts. I need a band-aid on it."
  • My new neighbor is even more convinced of my poor state of mental health as my chosen toddler shouts, "Oooh! Pretty Back Boobies mommy Hedr!!"
  • Finally in the house, the next issue happens when chosen toddler picks up his juice cup and promptly spills cold juice down the front of his body - shirt, pants and socks are soaked.
  • The cold juice so startles him that he falls off of the chair.
  • The fall shocked him, and he cries loudly.
  • At this time, daycare mom shows up to pick up her daughter.
  • Eventually, child, juice and table/floor are cleaned up.  But there are no spare clothes for him.  I have to find some that fit - and the only ones have my local hockey team on them.  Dad hates the local hockey team, but that's okay, because dad rarely comes at pick up time.
  • Just got a message that dad is coming to pick up.
Can it be bed time yet??

UPDATE
  • wrote a message on a friend's Facebook wall and everyone thought I essentially called her fat & ugly (okay, they were just joking, but still -- what was with that message?  THINK before posting, Hethr!!
  • toddler woke up in the middle of the night with a night mare.
  • I brought him into bed with me.
  • He peed on me and my freshly cleaned sheets.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will laugh about this one day.

So why wait.

Unknown said...

I'll tell you what you did: You had kids. Your fault. (ok, mine too.)

Post a Comment

Please comment, please. It makes me feel good, and well -- a woman just likes to feel good every now and then. I may not agree with your comment, it may even tick me off and make me want to delete it...but comment anyway and make my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails